Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The Stick of Judah

I just wanted to write about these amazing Torah scrolls that we saw yesterday at Neot Kedumim. I thought that it was pretty amazing to be able to see what they look like. Jesus read from similar scrolls. These ones were over 100 years old.







"17 And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written,

18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

20 And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him.

21 And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears." (Luke 4).

1 comment:

  1. Those are huge! It's interesting to see; I think it would take some getting used to to read it like that.

    ReplyDelete