Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Next Year in Jerusalem


Looking out on the Dome of the Rock and the Mount of Olives




Sunrise shot




Looking North



My parents called me and my siblings from Jerusalem last night at 10:30 PM which was 6:30 AM their time. They skyped from the Austrian Hospice where they were staying in the middle of the Old City. It was amazing. I felt like I was there again. It brought back so many memories of everything. I remember the first day we had free time to go explore Jerusalem, I went with a group of fellow-students from the BYU program and we climbed the stairs to the top of the building and looked out over the city from the roof of the building and saw the whole thing for the first time. It was amazing. Last night they took the computer up to the top of the roof and through the modern miracle of technology I saw the same sight I saw over 2 years ago. I longed to be there again. I love my Jerusalem. My hope, as the Jews say at the end of their 3,000 year-old Passover tradition, is that I can spend time there, "Next Year in Jerusalem"!


No comments:

Post a Comment